It's been over a year since Tanner Adam Parry started his mission, left home, and bravely walked into security to fly across the world to serve the people in the Vitoria Brazil Mission! It has been a joy to talk to him and to receive updates about the area and people he is serving. He says the people are like family there. I think he has especially had some tender mercies meeting kids. One disabled boy helped him realize other's might have it harder than him physically and are still happy. Another experience, visiting a school of kids. They all thought he was famous (or was it his mom) lol. ;). He's overcome a lot of challenges that has helped us to grow closer to each other and to our Savior and that has blessed me personally. As he comes to me or as he represents the Savior it has personally blessed me. Hopefully we are still relying on Him to help us become the best we can be everyday. And perhaps, we can continue to help others along the way.
WoW! It's been a long time since I updated, but Tanner is still doing awesome and he now only has 9 days and 22 hours until he gets home! He tells Brett that he is still struggling with some intrusive thoughts. I wish he knew and felt confident in talking to me too! I think one thing I've learned is that some things need to be kept confidential. I want him to know he can trust in me. Smile. :). I want him to know that he can talk to me and I won't share it with anyone. As his mom, I only want to reflect Christ's light and only want the best for him. I know we can overcome all things through Christ because he subdued all things under his feet. When we reach out to him and to other's we love and trust (like our Mom and Dad) we can find peace. We can also get the help that we need through counseling or other good resources through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christs, life help, etc. We don't ever need to feel like we are alone or need to struggle because Christ is always there ready to lift us up.
President Nelson has also counseled us on how to increase in our confidence. Cameron expressed today that the Lord already has complete confidence in us. We just need to place our confidence in Him. We can also increase in our confidence by going to the Lord and seeking intentional ways to increase in Charity and Virtue. I've seen this in my own life and have received blessings as I have followed the Lord's council. For example, by getting to know my new neighbor Celeste. She is a single mom from Mexico and was in a desperate situation without a job and with real needs to pay for rent, etc As I sought intentional ways to increase in Charity and Virtue, she has in turned served me and blessed me and my family's life when we needed it most. Through acts of service, she has helped me clean, cook, and even nurse me to health when I got really sick.
In this blog I hope to post some of Tanner's letters and to remember some of the special and even sacred experiences on his mission. Tanner has been so blessed to see so many miracles on his mission! Perhaps the greatest miracle is the growth we've had personally and as a family. It has truly been a sacred/bonding experience for him and our family as we've grown in love for each other and for one another while he's been serving these past two years! I'm SOOO grateful that he could serve a mission and even endure to the end. I hope we will always remember his mission as a good experience and the tender mercies of the Lord and the people who have blessed and helped us along the way. I have come to know that I love him and that God loves us. I'm also so grateful for his example to his brothers and for talking to us each week. His love for his family and all things has grown as he has served a mission and exemplified the Savior these past two years! He has helped our relationships to improve through his example to his siblings and for even being a peacemaker between my parents and I. I love him! We can't wait to see him and to welcome him home! I'm excited for his future and to be involved in his life! :)
With all my love,
Mom
June 30, 2025:
Fala FamΓlia e Amigos, I hope all is well,
It has been great down here and time is flying! I am grateful for the time that I still have! Much has happened since I last wrote, we are on the grind here in the last area having a great time.

These past couple of weeks we have had some ups and downs with friends coming to church and then many have stopped progressing afterwards, we are really trying to strengthen this branch that we are in. Nevertheless, we have seen many miracles and are ready to keep going. I really have had some personal experiences here that I will remember forever. Please pray that we can find those ready to hear and accept the Gospel.
Recently, what has been on my mind are the thoughts and teaching of President Russell M. Nelson. I was studying his talk from a while back, "We can do better and be better" he stated, "When we choose to repent, we choose to change! We allow the Savior to transform us into the best version of ourselves. We choose to grow spiritually and receive joy—the joy of redemption in Him. When we choose to repent, we choose to become more like Jesus Christ!"
I testify of the Joy that comes from daily, continuous repentance.
He continues, "Repentance is the key to avoiding misery inflicted by traps of the adversary. The Lord does not expect perfection from us at this point in our eternal progression. But He does expect us to become increasingly pure. Daily repentance is the pathway to purity, and purity brings power. Personal purity can make us powerful tools in the hands of God. Our repentance—our purity—will empower us to help in the gathering of Israel."
I am so grateful to know what I know. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and the price he paid in my behalf. I know this is His Church.
Time is flyin and sometimes it hits me how much I am going to miss being a missionary. I am grateful that there is so much to do in this work in all times and in all places.
Lets go
-Elder Parry
March 10, 2025:
This was a transfer to remember, and probably one of the most rewarding and fulfilling transfers yet on the mission. We have truly seen the Lord's hand in His work and today I decided to share how. I am so grateful for His goodness and the opportunity I have to know such great people.
Arriving in the area, the boys were already teaching our friend Alair. He had a very special experience getting to know the missionaries and progressed very quick all the way up to His baptism. Despite all the physical set backs, he made the effort to make Church on sunday a priority!
Next up, we got the goat Miguel, who despite many complications, showed he real intention to be baptized. We were lead to his family at the right place at the right time to help his bapstim happen. Miguel and I get a long really well playin Soccer a little before each lesson


Miguel's Father is a really strong member who helped along the way. I am so hyped to know that he has much family in the Church to help Him come unto Christ for the rest of his life!
Teaching Lucas was awesome, he was so elect and progressed so fast. He was already taught by some good missionaries that we know pretty well. Lucas is learning a ton and lives right by the Seminary teacher which is great so he will always keep him in line haha. Lucas's desire to follow Jesus Christ, at 15 year old, was an inspiring thing to see. He has already talked about serving a mission. I am hyped for Him!
Miguel is probably the funniest kid I have ever met. He started going to church with Lucas and Lucas made sure he stayed on the right path. Miguel kinda has a rougher background and I am so glad that he was such a great ward family now supporting him. The seminary teacher went out of His way to by Miguel and Lucas a shirt and tie so they can pass the sacrament after they recieve the Aaronic Priesthood.
Jose and Iracema showed a strong determination to follow Christ since the day we met them. They are very simple people but also pretty funny. I am so hyped because they live right by the Church and as time goes on, it will be easy for them to keep going. They fought for their baptisms and I know the Savior and His atonement made it possible to happen. I am so stoked to see what is to come, and to one day see them in the house of the Lord.
This last one means a ton to me, Victor is the goat and I am so grateful for the privilege I have to know him and his family. Teaching Victor was so real as we cried and laughed together. I cant wait for the day to see them sealed together as an eternal family.
I know my Savior lives. I need Him and I love Him. Coming unto Christ has been the best blessing I have ever recieved and I am so grateful to give my all to Him. I hope to be the best instrument I can be so that all of God's children can feel this. It is awesome to see other people's conversion take place. I know that this Church is true and that this is His work. This humble testimony I offer!
-Elder Parry
December 16, 2024
This week was great. We had 6 friends at church
-Breno
-Maria
-VitΓ³ria
-Bruno
-Luna
-Filipe
There are all awesome and we are able to meet with them pretty frequently! Pray for them please. We have had some great experiences, it feels like there are too many write. Thanks for all the support and prayers and love, yall are awesome.
-Elder Parry
*Update: Tanner told me the best news happened this last week that Bruno made it to the temple. He was so happy for him! (July 2025)
November 11, 2024:
This week was great we had a very great experience with a lesson with members. I heard the life story of Denzel and his problem with alcohol and how accepting the church completeky changed his life. He met his wife, job and the savior through the church!
-Elder Parry
Hey mom, thought I would just write to you real quick. I lucked out to have you as my mom. I must have been celebrating so much in the pre-mortal life to know you would be my mom. I hope you know how grateful I am for you. President Nelson yesterday in His talk stated some things that really hit me. His testimony of the Savior brought me to tears

. But I am so glad to know the things I know and to be a continual force for good. I love you Momma!
-Elder Parry
*Dearest Sweet Tanner, keep up the good work! Keep being a continual force for good! You are AWESOME!!!!
MOM
Comments
Post a Comment