Skip to main content

Eh, who needs sleep anyways?

Hey, this is Katie Parry here.  And I'm in survival mode.  My husband and I admit that we are very different.  He's 6' 2" and I'm 5' 4".  He's super athletic and strong.  I'm a total girl, and a bit of a baby I've decided.  He can function on 6 hours of sleep, I need 8 to 10.  But this is pretty typical of married couples, right? 

Well, my husband is off to work again.  I'm actually super grateful about that.  I mean, what do I have to complain about? 

Our night started off pretty great.  Ava wasn't super tired from having a late nap.  So, I put her in the bath, while Brett and I wound down.  Hannah had put herself to bed, and the boys had gone down to their room.  I had mentioned to Brett that tonight might be a good night for something he had been after.  ;) ;).  So he offered to get Ava in bed. I knew he would.  We gave it our best go, 14 years into this you would think we've got this down, but we still struggle.  Cameron came knocking on our door, just in time...we tried put him back to bed, but he struggled too.  Finally, at 12:30 a.m. I am walking him back to his bed, telling him he'll be grounded in the morning. 

Brett wakes up, I start to gain consciousness and realize it's still dark.  Brett, are you awake?  What time is it?  He's still lying in bed, half dead.  Pretty soon I'm complaining about not getting enough sleep.  He realizes he's not doing any good here, so he gets up.  I ask him where he is going and to come back to bed, but I can't fall back to sleep, so he gets up to shower and go to work. 

So what am I complaining about?  I hear a baby girl talking happily in her bed.  "da, da, daddy!" she says.  She wants to get up, so I go and greet her, she's still lying in her crib.  But her spirit is fresh, and I need her.  She tries to crawl out of her crib, but it is still to high, so I help her.  She greets me with a big warm hug and a kiss.  I take her back to my bed for a while.  She is a breath of fresh air.

So now she is playing nicely in the family room, and I am writing on my blog.  It's going to be another good day.  Hopefully I can catch up with some rest, it'll be a miracle.  My boys are up and on their cell phones.  I better go! 

This is kind-of a sad post, I'm realizing...2022 years later, I don't sound happy.  I'm not happy...hmmmm

Help?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking with Friends

 Hiking with Friends is the best. I don't have enough words or time to explain all the goodness that has come to my life through this healthy and positive outlet, but these women are some of the BEST I know!  We always come away feeling revived and better and stronger, ready to take on the world!  Seriously, I feel like I can tackle and help solve the worlds problems, not to mention my own.  All your problems can be solved when you hike or everything seems to comes full circle when we hike with friends!  It's like a symbolic journey!  Come and see! :)

Disneyland Girls Trip

  You know you've always wanted to, and somehow, dreams do come true!  Brett had a work conference in Anaheim, so we thought it was the perfect opportunity to take our girls to Disneyland and California Adventure!  We arrived Monday and stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge.  We enjoyed the flow rider and all the tube rides as a family!  Then it was off to Brett's hotel the next day at the Hilton!  I didn't realize how expensive it would be to buy tickets to Disneyland, but we didn't fly all that way for nothing!  I would say the lines weren't too crowded in the morning. This is a week or two after Utah's spring break.  We got lucky and got right on Peter Pan!  Hannah LOVED the fast train ride, although she almost backed out, but it ended up being the last ride we rode of the day as well!  Some other highlights was "It's a Small World" and Shopping in Toon town!  We didn't have any agenda, so it was surprising to fall into "The Rise of the...

Elder Parry

 It's been over a year since Tanner Adam Parry started his mission, left home, and bravely walked into security to fly across the world to serve the people in the Vitoria Brazil Mission!  It has been a joy to talk to him and to receive updates about the area and people he is serving.  He says the people are like family there.  I think he has especially had some tender mercies meeting kids.  One disabled boy helped him realize other's might have it harder than him physically and are still happy.  Another experience, visiting a school of kids.  They all thought he was famous (or was it his mom) lol.  ;).  He's overcome a lot of challenges that has helped us to grow closer to each other and to our Savior and that has blessed me personally.  As he comes to me or as he represents the Savior it has personally blessed me.   Hopefully we are still relying on Him to help us become the best we can be everyday.  And perhaps, we can c...