After a little excursion to Zion National Park, our family finally made it to the West Coast at Newport Beach for Spring Break!!! We are blessed because St. George turned into a vacation inside a vacation, but we finally made it! It was dark when we arrived at our little beach house VRBO, but we found our way in through the gate and unpacked. The home we rented was just a street away from the beach! The benefit of this was there was a bike trail on the road, right outside our door (and we could still walk to the beach). We found enough room for the kids to sleep with the help of a couple of blow up air mattresses (the kids loved to play on it (because it would deflate in the night and make a great launching pad for Hannah and Ava). 😭😀
The first morning, I wanted to "check out the scene", so Ava and I took a walk on the beach but we didn't make it far (but we did find some big sand holes to play in and SURFERS to watch!!! :) I believe Brett had some work he was still finishing up in the condo. Eventually, we all made it on a FAMILY BIKE RIDE! I've never been SO HAPPY or felt so FULFILLED in my entire life...seeing my little Ava (and youngest daughter at 5 years old) all big and riding her bike with the whole family...she would confidently stick out both of her legs as looked back and smile :).
The brothers were way ahead of us, so they actually met us on their way back. They told us about a donut shop they saw on the corner. Well, we eventually made it past the donut shop to the PIER. I wanted to get some pictures but I didn't get much. We stopped to get the girls some DIP'N DOTS, which turns out Hannah really wanted donuts, but we were able to get in line for those the next morning. I also met a man who made me think of my Savior. He was wheelchair bound, with long hair and nice eyes and one of his legs propped up. At first thought I thought I saw my Savior's image in his eyes. I naturally wanted to talk to him but I could only ride my bike around and say "how are you" and he didn't respond much. The next day we rode our bikes to get donuts again and I tried to get Cameron to share his last donut with him. He just sits there all day long, with no pity only relying on the mercies of God. I know I shouldn't push Charity onto my children, but I do want to follow in the Saviors footprints. I believe He has a perfect LOVE for each one of us and only He can save. I pray for him and for the Saviors return to the earth.
Anyway, here are our pictures, even though I couldn't get much.
We took one day to explore the area a little and to take the family to the Newport Beach Temple. That was a special experience to feel the Spirit there and to walk around the temple as a family. Brett got a nice picture there as well. Afterwords, we visited the beautiful gardens (and do a scavenger hunt) at Sherman Gardens and Library. Finally, before we got to the State Park, some nice guy let my kids sit in his Mclaren while we got sub sandwiches.
We checked out Crystal Cove, but my kids would rather play at "our beach". When I asked Cameron and Eric what their favorite part of our trip was, they said it was riding the BOOGIE BOARDS in the waves. They had so much fun playing together the day we had our "beach day". Well, that afternoon, they were so excited to get back in the waves, they took their boogie boards and headed out before I could get situated to go. Brett had followed them but was on his way back when I finally heading out to the beach. Well, the ocean was looking a little differently that afternoon so when I arrived at the beach, I found Eric coming up the shore with his boogie board, but I was like "where's Cameron?" Well, soon enough, I saw him on TOP of the rock structure. I thought, "what is he doing up there?" Pretty soon, I noticed a life guard boat out in the water and Eric said he had to climb the rocks to get out of the waves. I guess the current was really strong and Cameron couldn't get back to shore. The waves eventually pushed him into the rocks and he "ninja warriored" his way out of the rocks...I am SO THANKFUL HE WAS SAFE. We picked up a game of volleyball on the beach. That was happy. Oh and here are some pictures of a nice car we got to sit in while we were ordering subs at a place we stopped before our excursion to Crystal Cove. I guess it's called a McClaren (?)
Comments
Post a Comment